Amazon

Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINE PINK

Good Morning,

My friend Debbie took me to get my MRI yesterday. They had to give me something so I would not freak out. I have had about 6 or 7 MRI's over the years but never one when I was laying on my stomach. It made it easier I think.

Later when Ray came home, we went to the Lunch Bell for an early dinner. We had a large bowl of New England Clam Chowder. It was the best chowder. When we got home, I went to sleep for a couple of hours. I guess that was the effect of the nerve pills they gave me for the MRI.

We are going to Williamsburg this afternoon. The Lions' District 24-D Governor's Ball is tonight. We are DJing but I guess I will spend time with my leg propped up while Ray DJs. Past District Governor, Debbie Ivey, has said that she will help out taking pictures. She used to sing in a band so she sings some when she can. She can do an awesome take on Patsy Cline. She is now a Loan Officer at a Bank in New Kent. She and Lion Dave just built a house up there on the water. I can't wait to go see it.

I have been on facebook a lot lately. It is so amazing to see what some people are doing with their lives. It is funny how some people cannot seem to find anything to say except how exhausted they are. I would think it would be a place to encourage others and be positive. Of course, my mother always said I never met a stranger. I think that Facebook can be used for so may positive things.

Debbie brought a book with her yesterday that really looked interesting. It turns out to be the Outlander series by Diana Galbadon. I bought myself a Kindle from Amazon.com for my retirement. While I was waiting for the MRI, I ordered the series and they loaded onto my Kindle. They were about $6.32 per book. I really love my Kindle. Our house is small and getting crowded with all the books. With the Kindle, I can carry it in my purse and read it anytime. It will hold over 200 books. I actually have 3 versions of the Bible on mine. The books are also a lot cheaper than regular books. There is not charge for the Whisper Network and you are always connected. If you have g-mail address, you can even receive email on the Kindle. It has a lot of great features. I am so excited. They are coming out with the Kindle II shortly. I don't see me buying another one this soon, but I hear it will hold 1500 books. Isn't that amazing!
I guess I better get moving and pack my bag for tonight.

Love to all, Have a great day in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.