Amazon

Thursday, February 5, 2009

PITY PARTY PINK!

Today's visit to the doctor was not too good. There is more cancer in the lymph nodes. Now I have to really read all about breast cancer. I told him if there has to be more surgery, it won't be at Mary Immaculate even if I have to change surgeons. It was one of the worst experiences of my life; I have had 10 surgeries over my lifetime and that experience was on of the worst.
Not too happy with insurance either. Making you have surgery like a drive-by shooting. Check-in, wait hours, have surgery, out the door. Don't they realize that when women have surgery, they have to go home and cook dinner? I was lucky, all I had to do was warm up the soup I cooked the day before. I spent all weekend cleaning so my husband wouldn't have to wait on me.
Today, I want to be waited on. Ray had to go out and I said "How about a Extra-Mocha Cappucino from WAWA?" So, that is probably what I am having for dinner. LOL! Actually, I had him take a steak out of the freezer and I will slice it thin and saute with mushrooms and onions. It will be awesome. He is diabetic and needs less carbs.

Ray went to the doctor with me. He is so very good to me and held me while I cried. I don't cry often anymore, so this is a new emotion with him. I just have so much to do. When I retired, I made up my mind to clean out this house. Well, it has been 4 months, and you can't tell how much I have done, but if you look in the closets you might. I have thrown away so much stuff. Paper clones itself at night, I am sure of it. Great for recycle. I have decided that every piece of mail has to be dealt with when it comes through the door. Pay the bill, cut the coupon, read the card; throw out the envelope, file the bill, file coupons, put cards in scrapbook. My goal is not to have any paper left out to multiply at night.

Family can be the best support, if you let them. When I got home from the doctor today, I called my older brother, Sonny. I told him the doctor's conclusion and asked him to go and talk with my mother. I love her so much and I just didn't want her to be by herself when she heard the news. They called me together on his cell and we spoke on the speaker phone. My mother is so dear and I thank God every day that she is where she is because I know that of all of us, Sonny will always be there for her. We talked for a while and decided we would talk later. I tried to sound upbeat, but sometimes it is hard. I will not speak the "c" word into my life (except to expell it!).

My Sister Linda called from Texas yesterday. We talked almost an hour. It was so good to connect with her. I haven't seen her in a long time. We email junk to each other, but our children have grown up without even knowing each others names. That is so sad. We really need to stay connected with our family and not wait until someone gets sick (or dies) to let them know how much you love them.

Friends are so supportive. I found out today that Ray Wilson has serious health issues. Can you believe that he brought Jim and Juanita to pray for me and never mentioned that he needed prayer? Isn't that just like him? I have had almost 20 cards; it feels like Christmas! And, I don't think that I have talked on the phone so much in the past 10 years. It is a lovely feeling to know how much people care. In the past couple of days I have spoken to Ann Glover, Betty Wood, Judy Gatlin, Betty Elofson, Jean Darnell, Juanita Wilson, and Mary Lynch. They are so wonderful, I appreciate their calls so much. I have emails from Kari Gallagher, Betty Wood, and Debbie Webb.

This was on TBN tonight and they said it was on YOUTUBE. Please listen. You will be so blessed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMF_24cQqT0

Just pray with me today. I love you all and God loves you too! If you would like prayer, let me know and I will add you to my prayer list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.