Amazon

Monday, February 9, 2009

SUNDAY PRAISE GOD PINK

Sunday morning was awesome. It started quietly with me listening to Dr. Charles F. Stanley. He had such an awesome message:

The Pathway of Faith - "Even in troubling times, followers of Jesus Christ can choose to walk in faith rather than in fear. Our relationship with the Lord gives us the ability to face hardship with confidence in His provision and care. As God’s children, we can rest in the Father’s promise that He will supply all we need."

Scripture: Isaiah 41:8-13 - 8"But you, Israel, My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, Descendant of Abraham My friend, 9You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its remotest parts And said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. 10'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' 11"Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish. 12"You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them, Those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent. 13"For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'

Fear does not fit who we are as children of God.

The Lord says, “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isa. 41:10).

A fearful spirit is not from God (2 Tim. 1:7). If anxiety prevents you from resting at night or hinders your obedience, you are not demonstrating trust in the Lord. Genuine faith and overwhelming fear are incompatible.

Ray got up and we went to church at Ft. Barnwell Baptist Church. While we were in assembly, we were reading the bulletin. I had noticed the beautiful flowers on the alter as soon as we came in.
In the bulletin was a notice. "The flowers today were given by Jesse, Rhonda, Garrett, and Taylor in honor of Rhonda's great mom, Mrs. Barbara Duke." Talk about the tears coming down. I was really surprised and moved. I have such a wonderful family. (The picture is of me, Taylor, Garret, and the beautiful flowers they gave me in my house in NC after church.)

Anyway, I went looking in the 3-5 year Sunday School class and she wasn't there yet. A few Hispanic children were there waiting for her so I sat and talked with them. Rhonda was running late and came in with little bags of cereal for each child. She is so concerned that they have not eaten breakfast. She is so patient with them and they were all so sweet.

The Pastor, Dr. George L Tumlin, gave a powerful sermon as he always does. He is a By-the-Book (Bible) kind of guy.

After church we packed up and drove home to VA. I just didn't make it to the Deacon's meeting. I really wanted to, but it was just too late and I was so exhausted.

The Oncologist is tomorrow. Dr. McKenna at the Riverside Cancer Center. Pray for me! I am drinking a half bottle of XanGo a day and maybe the Lord will use that to help heal me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.