- 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
- 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
- 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
- 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
- 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
- 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
- 9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
- 10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
- 11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
- 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
- 13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
- 14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
- 15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
- 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
- 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
- 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
- 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
- 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
- 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
This message meant so much to me. Encouragement is one of my favorite things. I always try to find something good in everyone I meet. Even if it is someone who doesn't like me, they always have good qualities, they just are not drawn to mine. There are times in my life that I have done things unintentionally and asked forgiveness when I realized it. Sometimes that person has not forgiven me. I have done my part and God has forgiven me so whatever is keeping them from realizing the truth, is on them.
As a Christian, when others ask me for forgiveness, I do what God has asked, I forgive them and love them anyway. I speak encouragement to them on every occasion. It doesn't mean that I forget completely, God has given us the Gift of Decernment and we are to learn from our mistakes so that we don't go there again.
One of the things that I learned through my research was that Sugar creates free radicals, oxidation; Sugar feeds cancer. This is what I have determined from my study this past weekend. I am avoiding sugar from this point.
My appointment with the Oncologist, Dr. McKenna, at the Riverside Cancer Treatment Center was at 12:30 p.m. Ray went with me and as Dr. McKenna explained everything, we felt our hearts lift. The doctor said that I was at Stage I and T1-B, which is great. I had ductal and lobular cancer. There are microscopic traces in the lymph nodes. They are having more extensive tests of the tissue taken in the surgery but his opinion was that I would probably not need any more surgery or treatment. I will go back to see him in two weeks for the final decision. He said I have an 87% chance of living ten more years (their statistics don't go past 70 years of age). I felt intense relief. There is still the appointment with the Radiologist, Dr. Layzer, on Wednesday when we will learn his conclusions.
PRAISE GOD! Thank you Lord, Thank You to all of those who have been my Prayer Warriors. It is not quite done, so keep up your prayers and good thoughts. Love to all.