Amazon

Monday, February 9, 2009

SHOPPING PINK

We were late getting up Saturday and went and picked up Rhonda, Jesse, Garrett, & Taylor about noon. We went to Greenville and Sam's Club. It is such a nice warehouse store. They were impressed because of all the renovations since the last time they went. We went around and had all the snacks. It was really a lot of fun for this Nana. I take a lot of pleasure in small things when they involve my children and grandchildren. I thank God for them every day.

We took our goodies home and then Rhonda and I did something we hardly ever do. Just the two of us went to town. We went to the Beauty World in Kinston. We had so much fun. Who ever thought that looking at wigs could be so much fun.

The two ladies they had working with wigs were so much fun and they were really Godly women. The music there was lively and they talked about going to the beach and learning to shag and line-dance. I gave them a few pointers since I used to line-dance a lot.

It is great exercise and loads of fun. Rhonda insisted on buying me a wig, but we couldn't find one my color. She was afraid if I do chemo, I will need a wig and won't have one. Let me know what you think of the new me. Hopefully, I won't have to use it.

Saturday night, my son Jeff and his friend, Sharon came over and brought pizza for all. We had a grand time and I had bought pound cake, strawberries, and cool whip. It was a celebration of Rhonda's birthday on Feb 18 and Jeff's birthday on Feb 20 because we couldn't coordinate a closer date. They looked at the pictures I had been working on and seemed to really like them. I just love our little house in NC. It is so comfortable and quiet there. Ray and I really made a good investment in that property.

I went to bed soon after everyone left. I was pretty tired from the activites of the day. It was a fun day. I think the Lord wants us to have more Joy and Fun in our lives. The Lord wrapped me in His arms and kept me calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.