Amazon

Sunday, February 15, 2009

PALE PINK

One of the best things that happened yesterday was I got a phone call from Kathryn Oder. She is in Bluefield. She called to pray for me. She is such a sweet girl with a heart for God. She and Jason are on my pray list each day. They will be getting married soon and they are praying for guidance to see which way their future will go.

My favorite DJ!

It is Sunday, here in God's world. It is a beautiful day, although cold. We had a very nice time last night at the District 24-D Governor's Ball. It was at the Patriot Inn in Williamsburg. One of these days they are going to update that Holiday Inn. It still has the same carpet they had the first time I went there, over 14 years ago. One thing we like about their ballroom is that they actually have one. Some of the newer hotels have a ballroom which is really a dining room with a wooden portable dancefloor, which is a horror to dancers and not so nice for the DJ either since they usually butt it up to the point where we have to put our DJ table. So then we get people bumping the equipment when they are trying to dance.

Last night was great because they actually have a stage area above the dance floor. We don't have a set program. Ray is good at reading the audience, but you inevitably get people who are trying to play "Stump the DJ!" They seem to come up about half way through the dance and want to hear something that is 40 years old and was never a dance tune to begin with. We try to accomodate, but it is difficult sometimes. We play their song and even they realize they can't dance to it.

There was a group from New Kent County who are called the "New Kent Stagehands" that sang showtunes for the pre-dance entertainment. They were a lot of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy them. Dinner was average, I guess. It was a buffett and I really dislike buffets. People get way more than they can eat and then get upset when there is not enough for everyone. They had to end up bringing out extra salad and chicken wings. I personnally think that buffetts should be banned. They are a big contributing factor in obesity in this county. Not to mention, not very hygenic.

I was not able to dance because of phlebitis, but I had a nice time. I slept all afternoon when Ray went to the cabinet meeting. It was so nice seeing everyone. Some people we only see at Lions functions quarterly. PDG Debbie Ivey came up and sang for us. She sang "Sweet Dreams" and "Crazy." She is still as good as always. Ray sang "My Way" in honor of PID "Moon" Kosjer. (His memorial is February 28th at a place to be determined.)


Lion Darlene and District Governor Lion Doug Mueller. They gave us a box of chocolate. Isn't that nice. It was a privilege to play for their Governor's Ball.

Below is the Vice District Governor, Gary Rapier and his lovely wife, Renee.

We sat at the table with old friends, Past District Governor, Lion Bob Tolbert and his wife, Dot. Dot is also in the Women's Club of Newport News. She used to be the parliamentarian, but now I am.


To the left is a picture of Lion Donna Weiler and me. Donna will be running for Vice District Governor soon! I love her. She has such an organizational mind and really gets things done. She will make a truly great District Governor. Her husband, PCC (Past Council Chairman) Lion Dr. Hauser Weiler was a great District Governor and then Council Chairman for the State of VA. They love to travel to the Lions International Conventions.

Ray and I will be playing at the Women's Club of Newport News on February 28th for their Mardi Gras Ball. The dance will be held at the clubhouse across from Riverside Hospital from 6-11 p.m.. There will be hor'doerves and addtional entertainment by the Heritage High School Jazz Ensemble. New Orleans Dinner will be served at 7:30 p.m. There will be dancing and a Silent Auction. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased by calling Gayle Haley at 244-4838. This dance is a benefit for the Peninsula Food Bank.

We made it home today by 11:00. There was a breakfast buffett at the Patriot for the Lions. It was everything you could possible want for breakfast, but I just couldn't keep it down. We made it home and here I am blogging. Ray is watching the Races. I really missed church this morning, but I was fortunate enough to hear Dr. David Jeremiah while I was getting dressed this morning. He is teaching on Muslims and what they believe. Then Dr. John Maxwell was on Live from Liberty. Both are wonderful preachers. I am looking forward to Charles Stanley tonight. I didn't sleep well last night so I will take a nap now. The pale pink today is me. I feel sickly. I hardly ever feel this way.

Yours in Christ, Barbara

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (New American Standard Bible)

A Thorn in the Flesh 7Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself!


8Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me.
9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.


10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.