Amazon

Thursday, March 12, 2009

UNDECIDED PINK!

Good Morning, I think!

I was just checking Facebook and thought I would share my link: http://profile.to/barbaraduke/
I got 3 new friends yesterday. Cresenti Williams and Joan Ward were people that really counted. The other person is a friend of a friend of a relative.

I was looking on the Internet at fig trees and remembered that Joan had one or two. I called and we had a wonderful conversation. She is so knowledgeable. She has been taking classes at CNU and Thomas Nelson. There is a special program for people over 60 to audit classes. She is in love with languages. She used to teach Spanish, I think. She is now into French, Italian, and is learning German at the present time. She loves to travel and likes to learn the language before she goes. That is her passion, but you should see her garden. It is something else. She took lots of horticultural classes also.

Cresenti is in our choir. She is a very special, lovely friend. She has exhibited so much faith in me. She joined National Companies and XanGo when I asked her. She is so sweet and kind. She was at church last night. She recently moved to Virginia Beach and I don't get to see her as much as I would like to.

About yesterday's visit to the doctor, I start radiation on Friday. The results from the Oncotype testing were kind of on the border. I need to research it further. Starting the radiation will give me a six week breather to decide whether to do the chemo or not. There is an 18% chance of getting cancer again in the next 10 years, which means that there is a 82% chance that I won't. But, if I get cancer again in 10 years, will I be as able to fight it off with chemo at 70 as I am now at 60? People normally only have a 5% chance of getting cancer and it goes up as you age. It is something I am going to have to pray about. If you can give me some guidance, please do.
Email me at barbara.p.duke@gmail.com if you don't have my regular email address. Dr. M gave me the papers from the results and now I can go on a medical website that I have been working with and put in the numbers. I will let you know how it comes out.

Dinner last night at church was meatloaf. It really was good. There were salad, mashed potatoes and green peas, rolls, and a choice of coconut or white cake with chocolate icing. Our regular cook was ill but he sent a very able substitute.

Got to go now. I need to move around some so my leg won't hurt so bad. I am seeing the doctor this afternoon to get it checked out again. Beverly is coming over and we are going to work on the church website this morning and I have to get dressed. Have a great day!

The Lord says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Isaiah 49:13
He has big hands!
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!