Amazon

Thursday, September 3, 2009

HAZY PINK

There has been so much going on, I find out that if you don't write everyday, your memory plays games with you. It has been a long couple of weeks. I am home now and will try to fill in as I can. I am on so many pain medications, it is hard to remember what happened this morning.


I think I figured out that the illness triggered two genetic markers for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Whatever it is, it is painful. I sure hope this is a side effect and not a permanent disorder. Life should be getting easier for Ray and I, not more difficult. It really makes you tired all the time.


I couldn't have received better care than I received at Riverside Regional Hospital. I loved the fact that we were so close to home and Ray could go home to sleep instead of trying to bunch up in a recliner. The nurses and doctors were awesome. The room was kept clean and the food wasn't too bad. Actually, the food at the East Carolina Medical Center in New Bern was better because they had a restaurant type menu and you could choose anything you like to eat unless you were assigned to a certain diet. The food was so fresh, well-cooked & seasoned, and the salads crispy.


I think I was surprised by the diagnosis more than anything. Pneumonia? Who gets pneumonia? Evidently, lots of people do. It was more like pleurisy.


We came home from NC on August 24 and I went into the hospital at Riverside on the 25th and stayed a week or so. I really don't know whether I am coming or going.

God has Ray taking care of me. Praise His holy name. It is so hard to keep up with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.