Amazon

Thursday, September 17, 2009

LINKS FROM THE PAST PINK

I have had so much sleep today, I feel lymph. I hate it when I do that. I don't know what it is, but I find it hard to relax. Maybe it is all the medication. I have some more to take for today, but I am waiting because I want to be able to think clearly for a while.

Also, I want to watch "Bones." I don't know why but I have developed a strange affinity for this program. When I was 9 years old, we moved to England and lived there for 3 years. It was wonderful. I would go again if I could. While we were there, they were building a new hospital at Lakenheath AB and as a student at the Lakenheath/Mildenhall school, some of us got to go to the site when they dug up a Anglo/Saxon burial ground. It was really something. We were able to actually dig with scrapers and brushes. We found strange thngs like hair clasps that still had hair in them, weapons, cooking pots, clay pots, etc. The ground was clay, so it was pretty well-preserved. It was so interesting, I think, because the archeologists that were there treated us very well and were interested in what we had to say about what we were doing. I look back and remember it as a time that an adult actually paid attention to what I thought instead of just acting like "children should be seen, not heard." I was treated like an intelligent human being because I had something intelligent to say. Children usually have to hit about 40 before their parents begin to treat them like they have any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.