Amazon

Saturday, January 31, 2009

PRAISE GOD PINK

Well, It is over. I am still here and thanking God for all his blessings. This has been one of the most difficult things that I have ever had to go through, but God is Good, All the Time. I am still here and praising His name.
I cannot even tell you how many cards I received. Some are from people I don't really know, but people that I want to know better. They were real prayer warriors.
The surgery went well. The doctor will be able to tell me more when I go in for my check-up on Thursday. He told me that everything looked like it went very well, but we will know more when the report comes from the Lab.

So, Prayer Warriors, you are needed this week. Please keep me in your prayers and send this link to others who are Prayer Warriors. http://barbara-duke.blogspot.com/

Check our my Facebook page. That is so much fun. Facebook seems to be for people who are mature but still young at heart. It is so much fun to see what others are doing each day and their pictures of what is going on in their lives. On my Facebook page, I see so many lovely people that have big hearts and an amazing love of God.
My mother has been wonderful. She is always there when I call (Ice storm in KY-LOL) with kind and loving words.

My wonderful sister, Jan, (Jacksonville FL) has been a wonderful source of strength. It makes me sorry I wasn't more supportive when she went through much worse than this. I hope she knows that any time she needs me from now on, all she has to do is call. She even had a new baby granddaughter this week and still found time to talk to me and be so supportive.

My daughter, Rhonda, and my son, Jeff have been great. Most of all my dear, sweet Ray, who is the greatest. He has shown me what true love is. I thank God for Ray, every day.

My brother, Sonny, just called. He and Pat have been in Florida all week on business. They are starting the drive back today. Sonny said they were going by to see Jan at Erika's. This is great. He promised to send pictures of the new baby.
The picture on the right is a picture of us at the Pink Tie Gala (for Breast Cancer) in Lexington KY a couple of years ago. We had a grand time and I think they raised a lot of money for Breast Cancer. Sonny, friend, Ray, Barbara, Bertha (mother), and Pat (Sister-in-Law). I think the picture was taken in the reception tent before the actual dinner/dance. It was a truly wonderful evening. They had silent auctions, great gifts, terrific food, good band with lots of dancing. The businesses in Lexington donated awesome prizes for the auction. I won a signed Paula Dean Cookbook.
Our church has a Relay for Life team and the Woman's Club of Newport News has a Relay Team. I will post more information as soon as I get it. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.
At the end of my blog is another blog listed. This is my neice, Heather Mae. She and Jason have a new baby. His name is Karch and there are great pictures of Karch and his parents. They are in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.