Amazon

Monday, January 26, 2009

PRETTY PINK THOUGHTS

Today I was thinking about my daughter and her family. Rhonda has a wonderful husband in Jesse. They have twins, Garrett & Taylor. They are so dear to me. I really enjoy every minute I spend with them.

I am their Nana and Ray is their Papa. We have a house near them in NC and spend the weekend about once a month. Our spare room is our room for painting, crafts, games, puzzles, etc. They have a whole wall they can paint on and what a picture it is. They are 6 years old and so smart. They are reading a grade or two ahead of the first grade.

At Christmas, we have Santa Baker's Hats (as you can see in the picture). We baked chocolate chip cookies and some really large ones for Santa. Christmas at their house is really special for me. This year, my son, Jeff came and stayed at Rhonda's to be Santa's helper. They really love their Uncle Jeff.

I decided it was time to call Jeff and let him know what is going on. I could hear the catch in his breath when I said the "C" word. We had a wonderful conversation. We were estranged for a few years and are becoming closer by baby steps. I cannot tell you how proud I am of him. He is 35 and really has his act together. He is the barber at a Spa in New Bern. He is doing so well; he has a lovely home, nice car, lots of friends, but the most important thing about Jeff is that he loves the Lord. He was baptized a couple of years ago and has been working with Upward Basketball at his church. He has become the man I always prayed he would be.

What more could a mother ask for? I have two Christian children, both are active in their church's ministry. Rhonda helps out by teaching Sunday School to the little ones. She lead Bible School in her church last summer and may again this year. She is such a good wife and mother. She spend so much time with her children, teaching them and guiding them. She is a good friend to her friends and keeps their children when needed. She is a sweet woman and I am proud of her as well. I think one of the things that is such an ease on this mother's mind is that I know that my children will be in Heaven with me forever. I am pretty sure the twins will be too. They are already speaking of Jesus and how much they love Him. It is a wonderful thing to hear. Some day, my son-in-law will make that public committment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.