Amazon

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TUESDAY MORNING PINK

This was from my daily devotional reading from HEARTLIGHT. I think it is a fitting scripture and prayer for me today. Enjoy.

VERSE: "Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. " -- Psalm 29:2

THOUGHT: Giving glory, ascribing glory, is not an easy thing for us to do. Let's admit it. We're much more used to asking from God rather than blessing God and calling others to him. So let's use the rest of this week to pray prayers of thanksgiving and praise, glorifying God's holy name.

PRAYER: Father, you are marvelous and magnificent beyond my description and understanding. Thank you for sending Jesus to help me catch a glimpse of your glory. Thank you for sustaining me and those I love. I thank you in Jesus' name. Amen. (http://www.heartlight.org/)

This was especially poignant to me this morning. I didn't have a good night. I had a headache and it actually hurt to lay my head on the pillow. I ended up sitting and sleeping in Ray's recliner for a couple of hours until he got up at 6 a.m. Then I laid down on the bed for an hour or so. It was a painful headache, but once I settled into the chair, I prayed for relief and for some friends that are going through difficult times. Then I was able to relax and dose off.

Our neighbor, Bobby Morris, passed away on Sunday. He was a very nice man. He made beautiful lighthouses after his retirement. Some of them are on display at the Mariner's Museum here in Newport News. He made me a swing a few years ago and it is at our NC home to go up on the front porch this year. I am praying for comfort for his family. Bobby had a 3-year bout with cancer, but he was out in his shop as much as he could. I spoke with him last summer. He was telling me about his illness.

All of a sudden, I felt that tugging of my heart and I asked him "Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior?" He answered, "Yes, Ma'mm, I do!" I was able to share this with his wife and son yesterday. They knew, but I think the confirmation was comforting.

I have got to get my bedroom cleaned up and straightened out today. Hopefully, I won't have to stay in bed much after the surgery, but it would be nice if it was neat if I have visitors.
I really won't mind having visitors. Everyone who comes to visit will be on the blog (if they agree).

My good friend, Debbie Hancock, called last night to let me know about the XanGo meeting last Saturday. John Godsich was the main speaker. He spoke about how his parents were liberated from the Auswich Concentration Camp after WWII. His family went through so much and were finally allowed into the US and settled in Texas. What a difference in climate that is!
Susan Sprouse encouraged Debbie to tell me to drink a half a bottle of XanGo every day, which I am already doing. Besides, it really tastes good and gives me more energy. Helps me keep my positive outlook.

Donna Clingingpeel at Temple Baptist Church sent me a wonderful email last night. " Barbara: Perhaps this is what God has for you in His plan. You said in our class of discernment that you felt God wanted you to be a motivational speaker to women. This may be that very platform and with out going through it you would not know how to relate. Keep your eye on the Father, tell him all your fears and he will not leave you nor forsake you. You are claimed for His own. I have the faith to believe the existence before it happens... You will be ok through this!" Donna is such a wonderful believer.

I had a call from Bettie Young. She had gone through this many years ago and was very encouraging. She is such a lovely woman and I appreciate so much her council. Bettie is in my Sunday Bible Class. All the members of my class have been so wonderful. I have had hugs from Ann Glover, Judy & Mark Gatlin, Clara Hughes, Ruth McCormick. . . .

Kitty Turner called me last night to see how I was doing. I stop at the Chesapeake every week and pick her and Dorothy Riley up and take them to church for dinner. They are both 86 years old and they are so sweet to me. They are always saying they are imposing on me and that gas is so expensive and I don't have to take them. I tell them, they are my ministry. Also, gas is cheaper if three people are in the car, versus one. I love them both so much; they feel like family.

I also notice that Kathryn Oder signed up for the blog. Thanks, Kathryn. You are AWESOME!!!
Got to get up from here and get things together for surgery tomorrow. Pray for me. Check me out on Facebook and I will pray for you. I am keeping a positive attitude and letting God use me as He has a vision for me.

I really appreciate my sister, Jan. She has gone through this and has been a real rock for me. She welcomed a new granddaughter yesterday. I know that she is a busy person. This has been an earth-shaking trauma, but through it all, I have been able to focus on the Lord and he has given me peace. Keep up the good prayers. Please keep my mother, Bertha, in your prayers. She was recently diagnosed with diabetes and she in need of prayer also. (Not to mention, her daughter is having surgery.) I will try to write more later today. Yours in Christ, Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.