Amazon

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Candy Crush - You Failed

I deleted Candy Crush. I have played it for months, but for the last couple of months I have been stuck on Level 86. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get past it.


Well, one night I had a lot of pain from the RA and ended up taking 2 Vicodin tablets. I lost quite a few games and was getting frustrated, so I decided to pay $.99 for 5 extra moves. I waited until I played a game where I thought I would have a good chance; 5 moves was not enough, so I paid for 5 more moves ($1.99), still not enough, 5 more moves ($2.99), etc. It ended up costing me over $15.00 to play one game. What was my reward, I got to go to Level 87. No extra moves, nothing else.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I deleted it from my PC, iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire. . . I made sure that the gaming people knew that I Quit. I also informed all my friends on Candy Crush that I was out of it.

I have been looking at another game, that is also a time suck, but they do not try to pick your pocket. You can complete a game without "quitting". That was one of the things I remember about Candy Crush, if you quit, 'YOU FAILED". That is just not the message I want to see all day. So, CC has gone the way of Farmville for me.

I also deleted all the games that I do not play off my iPhone and iPad. I hope that you have found a nice game that you can play when you need to think or de-stress. Just not one that will take over your credit card.

Have a lovely day! Write in your blog, take a walk, do push-ups. . . .

God is Good, All the Time!

All the Time, God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.