Amazon

Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Pink

I woke up this morning just as Kate started walking down the aisle. How pretty she is. Kate looks the part, as if she was born for this. William was very good looking straight ahead. Of course, Prince Harry had to look around and see what was going on. I think he shared that Kate was coming and she was beautiful with William. I came into the living room and Ray was watching the news, so I went back into the bedroom to watch the wedding. About 7 a.m. he turned it to the wedding and I came back to the living room with my laptop and continued tweeting the ceremony out. I think the most exciting thing was how many times Our Lord Jesus Christ was mentioned. He certainly had top billing. See the scripture that was read by Kate's brother during the ceremony at the end of this installment.

Over night, I turned from about 45,700 followers to 46,009 followers on Twitter. Isn't that incredible? I think I have reached the tipping point.

My brother's business in Kentucky is doing very well. His sons, Jeremy and Bryan won more awards at the Sonitrol National Convention. Check it out at:  Sonitrol of Lexington KY. They are such hard workers and a tribute to their parents. My brother was strict with them, but they learned and grew up very well. They had a lot of advantages but Sonny and Pat kept them grounded. I am so proud to be a part of their family. Being Auntie Barbara is an awesome feat. I pray for them each day.

We went to NC for Easter. Jeff and Sharon had a few days off and went to the beach. I don't blame them a bit. They both work so hard. We had a grand time at Rhonda and Jesse's.

I went to Rebecca and Benita's home last evening. Polly, a friend of Benita's and Rebecca's cousin were there and a social worker from the city of Newport News was there. Evidently, the caregiver they had before reported Rebecca and said that the house was not safe and dirty and that Benita was being abused. As it turns out, the only one abusing Benita was Shirley, the caregiver. She grabbed Benita and literally threw her in the shower, bruising her arms and legs. She went so far as to go downtown to the courthouse to get a copy of Norman's will. The people in the courthouse had to get the security team to throw her out because she created such a scene. She was washing her own clothes at their home and staying on their phone all the time. She even made appointments at doctor offices and took Benita to see an eye doctor that was not her eye doctor. She seemed to be trying to take over their lives. I thought maybe it was just my impression, but after I heard the other ladies explanations of her strange behavior, I was convinced and so was the social worker. I even gave her my card and told her she was welcome to come to my house if needed. I am  so happy to have Benita here and know that she is safe. We have breakfast and lunch together and sometimes we talk or we watch TV. Sometimes we go to lunch when there is something going on at church. I can tell her anything, because she doesn't remember. The social worker never gave any indication of who complained but I think it was pretty evident. So, if you live in the Hampton Roads area and are thinking about hiring someone named Shirley, contact me. She tried to harass Benita at our quilting class but I got her out of there in a hurry and brought her home. She started going to Need-A-Meal after reading our church newsletter at their home. Now they cannot even go on Thursday night. She isn't a member and as Christians, we have to be tolerant, but even the Lord chastised evil people

Go to Crosswalk.com and get a free ebook: Israel 101. It is totally free and you could learn a lot about Israel and the things going on in that area for years. CrossWalk Bible Study Tools


Catherine's Brother read this during the ceremony this morning. Romans 12

Living for God

1 Brothers and sisters, God has shown you his mercy. So I am asking you to offer up your bodies to him while you are still alive. Your bodies are a holy sacrifice that is pleasing to God. When you offer your bodies to God, you are worshiping him. 2 Don't live any longer the way this world lives. Let your way of thinking be completely changed. Then you will be able to test what God wants for you. And you will agree that what he wants is right. His plan is good and pleasing and perfect. 3 God's grace has been given to me. So here is what I say to every one of you. Don't think of yourself more highly than you should. Be reasonable when you think about yourself. Keep in mind the amount of faith God has given you. 4 Each of us has one body with many parts. And the parts do not all have the same purpose. 5 So also we are many persons. But in Christ we are one body. And each part of the body belongs to all the other parts. 6 We all have gifts. They differ in keeping with the grace that God has given each of us. Do you have the gift of prophecy? Then use it in keeping with the faith you have. 7 Is it your gift to serve? Then serve. Is it teaching? Then teach. 8 Is it telling others how they should live? Then tell them. Is it giving to those who are in need? Then give freely. Is it being a leader? Then work hard at it. Is it showing mercy? Then do it cheerfully.

Love

9 Love must be honest and true. Hate what is evil. Hold on to what is good. 10 Love each other deeply. Honor others more than yourselves.11 Never let the fire in your heart go out. Keep it alive. Serve the Lord.12 When you hope, be joyful. When you suffer, be patient. When you pray, be faithful. 13 Share with God's people who are in need. Welcome others into your homes. 14 Bless those who hurt you. Bless them, and do not call down curses on them. 15 Be joyful with those who are joyful. Be sad with those who are sad. 16 Agree with each other. Don't be proud. Be willing to be a friend of people who aren't considered important. Don't think that you are better than others. 17 Don't pay back evil with evil. Be careful to do what everyone thinks is right. 18 If possible, live in peace with everyone. Do that as much as you can. 19My friends, don't try to get even. Leave room for God to show his anger. It is written, "I am the One who judges people. I will pay them back,"#1(Deuteronomy 32:35)#2 says the Lord. 20 Do just the opposite. Scripture says, "If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. By doing those things, you will pile up burning coals on their heads." #1(Proverbs 25:21,22)#2 21Don't let evil overcome you. Overcome evil by doing good.

Isn't this lovely? He delivered it with the grace of an English actor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.