Monday, June 22, 2009

Wedding Pink

My dear friend Kathryn Oder married her best friend, Jason Vickers, in a lovely ceremony at First Baptist Church Newport News Va last Saturday. What a beautiful couple. I was sorry that I was not able to attend the wedding. There are some beautiful pictures on KathrynVicker's page on Facebook. I was sorry that I was not able to attend. Kathryn and Jason will be going on a mission trip to Antiqua with our church team soon. Kathryn is the daughter of State Representative, the Honorable Glenn Oder and his wife Mary. They have 3 beautiful daughters. Kathryn and I got to know each other on email while she served as a missionary in Peru last year. She is such a wonderful Christian young woman. Jason is a very blessed man.

I was ill most of the weekend, so Ray took me to NC to our house down there for me to rest. I ran a low grade fever all weekend and my right foot swoll up almost twice the size. Rhonda thought maybe that I had gout, but I don't think so. Probably a side effect of the chemo. Edema can be a problem, but I think they are probably more concerned with my right arm. I should go see my vascular guy.

It was so nice to see my family. We bought lasagne, meatballs, and salad at Sam's Club and fixed it on Saturday. Deborah, Ray's daughter, and Emily her granddaughter came for a visit. The children had such a great time in the craft room. They drew on the wall and made a slide out of the mattresses stacked in there. They watched "Hello Kitty" on the DVD player and had a grand time. Emily will be entering into Kindergarten next year and Rhonda fixed her a learning toolkit for the summer for her mother and grandmother to work on with her. Rhonda is a kindergarten teacher. She knows it is so important for kids to learn as much as possible as early as possible.

Garrett and Taylor are above grade in their reading. Rhonda spends a lot of time with them each day and is continuing through the summers. They are so smart. The twins just finished first grade and Taylor read "The Velveteen Rabbit" on my new Kindle2 this weekend. She read it fairly fast also. I have always loved reading. I was reading classics when I was ten in England. I read "The Scarlet Pimpernel," A Tale of Two Cities," " The Man in the Iron Mask," "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," etc. I learned to read French by the time I was eleven but would never learn to speak it very well. I thought it was interesting that the languages of France and Spain were so similar. Later I discovered "Romance languages" and it all made sense. I still cannot speak them, but can figure out most of the meaning because of the similarities to each other and English.

Sunday, Jeff came over and trimmed my new wigs from Hong Kong. They are my around the house wigs. One is red frosted and the other one is blonde. He trimmed the bangs for me and made them look a little more real. He said I might want to use some mousse on them to make the look more real. My good wig, the Sophia Loren wig is nice, but I think that I could have gotten one that was the right color and had it trimmed for a whole lot less money. The reason I need around the house wigs is I am not particularly fond of hats. It is very hot and my head sweats. Having eczema causes a problem with a wet wig on my head, so I need more than one. Therefore, I keep more than one so I have a dry one to put on when needed. I even sleep in one. It makes it easier to look in the mirror in the morning. Since they are all different, I can be whoever I want to be today. LOL!

We drove home after another dinner of lasagne and meatballs with salad. We still have meatballs in the fridge. Ray had a meatball sub yesterday. I usually leave left-over food with Rhonda but I knew I was having chemo this week and it was a good time to have some food around for Ray to eat.

I took my steroids Monday and Tuesday and went to sleep at 4 a.m and 3 a.m., respectively. I had to take them today, I sure hope I get more sleep tonight. Maybe that is why I feel awful on Thursday after chemo instead of the next day. I had to go get a shot today for my white count. I worked on my puzzle some. I really worked on it last night. I am getting used to late night television.

All in all, it hasn't been a bad couple of days. The chemo was pleasant because I had my computer and got to go on Twitter for a while. It sure helped to pass the time.

About bedtime. I may watch Leverage while I check Twitter. Just remember, God is good, all the time!

Night friends.