Amazon

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

OOPS! A LITTLE RED WITH PINK


I had my check-up with Cliff Pyne, RN, today. He was concerned because I had been having swelling in my right leg so he sent me to the main hospital for a doppler on my leg. The technician was very thorough and she found a blood clot. I had a DVT in 1997 and a couple of instances of phlebitis since, but I really was surprised. I went back to the Cancer Center and saw Cliff. He gave me prescriptions for Coumadin and Lovanox. I hate Coumadin, but I may have to be on it for a while. The Lovanox is a shot I will have to give myself in the stomach for 10 days. I will have to start on Monday having a protime blood test 2 or 3 times a week until it gets leveled out. I am going on the Web and see what I need to do for my leg. Everyone had left except Cliff and the billing clerk. I told him I would look up what I need to do. I vaguely remember and I may even have the paperwork from the last time. I don't seem to be able to throw things away. I forgot to eat lunch today, not thinking I would be gone so long.

I found out why I have been feeling so bad and in so much pain in my back and just in my bones in general. Taking a white cell booster such as Neulasta® helps protect the white blood cells, but can cause side-effects, like pain in the bones.

When I got home, I had a wonderful surprise. Bertha Taylor Baldwin sent me one of her Get Well/Praying for You Scrapbooks. She takes used cards and cuts them out. She painstakingly puts them on construction paper and makes books out of them. Different colored paper for different feelings. It is so sweet. She sent me one in 2001 and I have taken it out and looked at it everytime I have been sick. It always makes me feel special and brightens my day. Now, I have two. I may have to ask if I can share one with someone else.

Poem from the Scrapbook:

As You Go Through This. . .

Difficult things can cause us to ask "Why did this happen?" but if we are
trusting in Christ we never need to ask "How could He let this happen?"

God may never reveal all His reasons to us, but He has revealed His character
to us. His character assures us that He never makes mistakes, is never uncaring, and that He never separates Himself from our need.

- Roy Lessin


"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet."Proverbs 3:24


I will not be afraid. I will keep my faith in God. I will praise His name.

He will sustain me.

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!

Love to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.