Amazon

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Time After Time

I got so upset this morning at the news on a local TV station. The newscaster kept saying, "Learn what caused the little boy to be missed during the search for his body."

This was a lead-in to a story coming up. I normally do not listen that closely to the news because I am usually doing something else. This morning, I was forced to listen to this station because it was the only one my husband likes in the morning and I was not feeling well.

I kept hearing, "Learn what caused the little boy to be missed during the search for his body" over and over. Then finally the mystery was solved. The "current" was responsible. Nothing else except a picture of the beach where he was found.
Finally, we learned the fate of the little boy. After that they went into repeat and kept saying what was said before and at the end of the hour, those people who woke a little later found out what happened to the little boy.

I was thinking how miserable this would make me if it had been my little boy. I would have been devastated by his death, but would really be hurt by the lead-in to the news being said every five minutes. His death seemed to be a lead-in to the news, nothing more. There were no interviews with witnesses, no information that would help any one, just the repetitive flashes of the news lady.

My heart goes out to the family. Losing a child is one of the most difficult things we may ever go through.

I just wish that TV news people, especially local ones, could do a better job of reporting. Do you remember when the local channel used to report local news? Now they do local news of a town thousands of miles away. After the report of the little boy, they went into a story of how flooding of a basement in Detroit caused the death of a hundred year old woman. I am sorry, but our little part of the world is in Virginia and we seem to have enough distressing news here to fill in our news programs. If I want to know what is happening in Detroit or any where else, I can look on line or .

Oh, well, just me fussing. Have a great week. Love to all.

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.