Amazon

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Anomia - What?

When I saw Dr. Cole the other day, he told me that forgetting words when I am talking is called:
  • Anomia - Problem with word finding, impaired recall of words with no impairment of comprehension or the capacity to repeat the words.
I told him about being at a bylaws meeting. I was trying to explain something about
parliamentary procedures and was unable to find some of the words. At first, they helped me out and then they just started filling in the blanks, until I broke down and laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants. I felt like I was on a game show and everyone was throwing words at me. It really was funny. I am not sure the doc thought so.

I am trying so hard to keep a positive outlook. I did this about this time last year and the neurologist, and neurological psychologist put me through the wringer with numerous tests, and then after a couple of months, I was fine. My rheumatologist says it is Fibro Fog. Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis both cause inflammation. Inflammation seems to the the probable cause in most diseases, from what I have read. I have read so many medical articles, I am beginning to understand the big words.

This morning, I was watching Rachael Ray. They were talking about natural beauty enhancements that are chemical free. Actually, most come from the refrigerator. 

  • If your skin on your elbows, knees, or feet are so dry they are noticeable to others or itch, you can use the skin from an avocado you are using for cooking.  (I guess it would work for other body parts also.) Rub it on the area for a minute, let it stay for a few minutes, wash off, and apply Olive Oil. 
  • Rubbing the inside skin of a banana on acne spots for about 2 minutes, twice a day will help get rid of acne within a couple of weeks.
  • San Tropez self-tanning oil seems to be the best way to disguise veins in your legs since childbirth, being overweight, standing on your feet a lot.
Just some nifty tidbits I picked up. I hope you are enjoying your summer? 

God is Good, All the Time!
All the Time, God is Good!

Ilium from the back garden, 5 ft tall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.