Amazon

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Linda Jean - My Sister with an Attitude.

Recently, my sister Linda put this amazing little story of a day in her life on Facebook. I never knew she was such a talented writer. I asked if I could use this, but have waited and no answer. I am assuming she does not mind. She really is a super person with a unique attitude about life. She is saying things in this that we usually voice only in our heads. Barbara

"As John was leaving this morning, he came into the office where I was sitting at the computer and kissed me goodbye saying, "I hope you have a fun day today." 

I detected a note of sarcasm in that
statement so I'm going to tell everyone how much fun I had today! 

First, the dogs get their early morning mile because it is too darn hot to walk them later. This takes at least a half hour since their walk consists of more stops than starts. There's a lot of sniffing to be done at every mailbox along the way not to mention Bowser's imaginary friends who have to be consulted at every stop regarding which leg to lift to get the proper trajectory. Home again and it is time for treats and food! But, first, we have to be sure the cat isn't outside his room because he eats the dog food and leaves disgusting overflow deposits in the most conspicuous places. Easier to clean with the carpet cleaner, but still....

Now. On to the kitchen which is in a mess from the salad I prepared the night before to take to dinner with friends. My fault, but it was bedtime when we got back and I just didn't want to deal with it because of all the "fun" I had the day before. I gave the pups their baths yesterday so that source of fun was off the table today but I did get to wash their towel in a load of laundry! Lucky girl, me.

As long as I was in the kitchen, I decided to clean and seal the granite! Now there's a job that just excites me to no end! It's 10:15 and I've already had so much fun that I'm hungry. Let's see, what's for breakfast? Oh! That lovely leftover salad! YUM! The fun just never stops around here! Now I can put that laundry in the dryer and go clean the shower. See what I mean about the fun never stopping? Seriously!

Since the dogs had their baths yesterday, the floors probably need dusting because they tend to drop a lot of fur when they get excited. Once that's done I can vacuum the rugs, carpets and furniture for the same reason. Yeah. We spoil them by letting them go wherever they want to sleep. For instance, Fritzie slept under my rib cage last night because there was a clap of thunder right around bedtime. Not the best night's sleep ever. But fun to have a cuddly bed buddy.

I noticed the window boxes are looking straggly so out I go to deadhead those poor flowers. Just trying to keep them from dying of heat prostration. Of course, I've been having so much fun that I've let time get away from me and it's really hot out there and the mosquitoes are so excited about this most recent blood feast that they're sending out telepathic messages to all their friends to come to the party. Now I see the columbines have finished seeding out so they need a good haircut too. I'm pretty well toasted and covered in itchy welts by now so why not keep going? Fun, right? That's what it's all about!

Okay then. Now it's time to pay some bills. I just love doing that. There's such a thrill in shredding the paid bills! Back to the computer.

That's done, now it's time to call the vet to get those pooches in for their shots. They love that trip so much that they cry all the way there. I do feel a little bad because I know they think they're going to the park and it must be such a disappointment to find themselves at the vet's office instead. Good news is they sleep all the way home. Probably a mild traumatic coma state but at least it's quiet. Oh GREAT! They can come in today! More fun for me!

Think about dinner on the way home but can't shop with the dogs so I drop them off and shop for dinner. Poor planning on my part but that's my specialty so no surprise there. 


I do love going to the store especially when I get to the self-checkouts and they're all occupied by people who have no idea how to use them. Aren't people fun to watch? I really enjoyed the man who was cursing, just barely under his breath because he was dealing with something that had no bar code and the machine kept telling him to wait for assistance but there was none to be had. I wanted to help but I wasn't sure I could do any better. I'm pretty sure those machines are programmed to keep cashiers employed. I have to hand it to him, he didn't give up but the scale may never be quite the same after the pounding he gave it. What fun!

Now home to prepare dinner. I have discovered something called freekeh and I'm going to substitute it for bulgar in a deliciously buhgar salad. I hope it doesn't taste like cardboard because you all know that's what I'll be having for breakfast tomorrow! Fun is my middle name! Signing off for now, hoping you all have a really fun day!" - Linda Burns Gillespie


I love my sister's humor. She can say the silliest things sometime deadpan. It is an unusually fun talent that she has. Barbara*

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!

ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.