Amazon

Saturday, December 31, 2011

END OF YEAR PINK?


Check out this site: Modlandusa Article: Are You a Twitter Snob?
This is my response:

"Good article to a point. There are also those of us who don't have an agenda. I tweet because I love to. I have been on Twitter since March 2009 and my friends have seen me through a lot of illness and were always there praying for me, giving hope when I felt hopeless. I am not selling anything other than encouragement, joy, and God, not necessarily in that order.

I use Tweepi to delete people who are essentially gone from Twitter. I follow anyone who is clothed and doesn't use profanity. Personally, I prefer to see people on my TweetDeck who are dressed and swearing is offensive. I am eternally searching for those who need friends. I have spoken on the phone with people in the middle of the night when they are troubled. I like to think I have helped in some way."

Dear Friend, I hope you know that I am not a Twitter Snob. I follow everyone. I really don't care how many followers you have. If you are a reasonably nice person who is intelligent enough to converse without profanity, I want you on my timeline. It is that simple. 

Tweepi.com is a great way to delete people who don't think enough of others to follow them back, or people who are only trying out Twitter and haven't tweeted in months (or years). I will be using Tweepi over the next few days to clean up my timeline. 

This is the end of 2011 and I am glad to see it go. It has been a year of innumerable tragedies. There have been so many natural disasters, it breaks my heart to even think about. There have been so many political careers that have been destroyed by their own stupidity, and so many celebrities who use their celebrity to act totally idiotic.

There have been incredible people who have helped others and done more good in the world in one year than most people do in their lifetime.

We have lost a lot of good people to death and a lot of really bad people too. Sometimes it makes you stop and consider your own mortality. Are you ready to meet your maker? I know that I am, do you? As a Christian, I am taught that there is only one way to Heaven, through Jesus Christ. This is what I truly believe. 

"I would rather live my life as if there was a God and die to find there isn't, than to live my life like there was no God and die to find there is. Albert Camus"

This makes a lot of sense if you really think about it. What have you got to lose? Okay, I will quit preaching. 

I love you all and pray for you collectively every day. You have become an extended family and your life really means something to me. You don't need to be a Christian to follow me, I don't discriminate, I love you all. 

Have a Happy New Year and may you be prosperous and joyful.
Tweet Love To You  (#TL2U)

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.