Amazon

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

MAMMOGRAM PINK

I went in for my 6 month mammogram today. There is always a lump in my throat when I go and there is the expectation of doom after the diagnosis in January of 2009. You to the place, sign in, wait, get called up to have your insurance card and ID scanned. Then you sit and wait in this huge room with a lot of people, half of whom seem to be talking on their cell phones. Although there is a sign at the door asking you to turn off your cell. I try to ignore them, but people seem to speak louder on the phone. Why is that? You should speak as you normally do. I personally don't like to talk on my cell phone in front of other people. Not only does it seem rude, I don't want everyone knowing my business.
After the wait, the nurse comes to get you and takes you back to the dressing room where there are wet wipes if you need to remove deodorant. I put on this huge gown that must have been made for a 400 lb patient. I tried tying it in the front with cute bows. LOL I went to the small waiting room where one lady was complaining about one of the techs at the Hoeffer Center who was rude to her last time she had a mammogram. She wished me luck when she went in to have her mammogram. Anyway, I told the other lady I didn't need luck, Jesus is on my side. She agreed with me.
Finally, I went in for my mammogram. This one was only on the breast where I had surgery and it was difficult because there wasn't a lot left. We talked about reconstruction, but I am still undecided about that. After the mammogram, I had to go sit and wait again until the chief tech looked over the x-rays. Everything seems to be fine and I have to go back in January 2011. That was a huge relief. Glad that part is over.

My friend Cresenti is in town doing depositions with her lawyer and the lawyers from J.C. Penney. I am praying that JCP decided to settle with her and get her out of this limbo. She is such a sweet person, I just can't imagine why they let her go. I truly think it was her age and she was making just too much money for them to keep any longer. They could hire two new people for what they were paying her. She worked for them 28 years and only had 2 years to retirement when they let her go. She had outstanding evaluations for all those years until the last year when they got in a new store manager who was younger than Cresenti. She bullied Cresenti and completely destroyed her confidence in the months before she fired her. She gave her another department to supervise when she already had two. She took away her office and made her share space with a young woman just hired from college. I know what it is like to be bullied, I had to endure that for about 2 years and it was miserable. I think that is what triggered my illness, because it was then that I began to get really ill. The same thing happened to Cresenti and she was out on sick leave when she got her pink slip in the mail. How mean is that? I cannot even stand the thought of going to a store that would treat its people like that.  No more JCP for me. It is one thing when you don't know things like that are going on, but when it happens to someone you know, you have to take a stand. I know a lot of our church members that quit shopping there and some even cut up their cards.

I am off my soapbox now. I went to the doctor this morning and I have an ear infection and the glands in my throat are swollen. I am now on antibiotics for the next 9 days. Same thing happened a couple of weeks ago but I was on the Enbril and I have since found out that you cannot take antibiotics when you are on Enbril.  So I guess I am off the shots for a while.
School has started and I haven't heard from the Grandchildren yet. I am sure they are so busy with new stuff. I don't think their dance lessons start until after Labor Day.



Isaiah 45:3 "I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places so that you may know that I am the LORD, your God (NIV). 


The greatest treasures in my life have been discovered during the darkest times of my life. My weaknesses have given way to strengths and my failures have led to successes. God has used it all for His glory and for my good.  
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.