Amazon

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am having a good morning. I went over 8000 followers on Twitter. My Twitter friends are really awesome. There are people praying for me all over the world. Twitter is a great place for positive thoughts and prayers. One of my Twitter friends, Bella in California, let me put her article on my blog. Take a look if you have time. See @CiaoBella50 (Twitter name) on my blog. Good article. http://barbara-duke.blogspot.com/ RT Pls

Another friend sent me an email with a really good story. His name is Al Harris and he was the loan officer we used when we refinanced our home a few years ago. It is on http://thoughts-of-Christ/blogspot.com/

I continue to get cards from my friends in Christ at First Baptist Church of Newport News. To date, I have received over 100 cards and many phone calls. They are so faithful in praying for me. We have a deacon breakfast to meet our new pastor, Dale Seeley, on Saturday morning. I have not met him yet and hope to be able to go to the breakfast.

Ray will be DJing for the "Hokie Hoedown" at the Masonic Lodge in Hampton(1456 W. Queen St) on Saturday, August 8 from 4-7 p.m. Pray that I am feeling well enough to go.

To God be the Glory in everything that I do. I cannot tell you how important it has been for me to have Christ in my life through this ordeal. I feel that I have learned from my illness far more than I could have possibly learned without it. As I stated earlier, cancer has brought me closer to Christ and has helped me to understand illness in others better. It has led me to much more compassion for others.

I don't know what tests are next, but I hope it will be something to let me know that I am cancer-free. I see Dr. Schlesinger on August 20th and I will let you know what is going on then.

Other wonderful news, my mother is flying in from Lexington KY on August 11th. I am so excited. We will be spending some time in NC and it will be her first time visiting our home there. I can't wait for her to see it. My daughter, Rhonda, is cleaning the dust bunnies and decorating the craft room and making it into a bedroom She is doing a great job. I cannot wait to see what she has done.

Got to get ready to go get Ray's car in Hampton. Love and prayers to all.

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.