Sunday, August 9, 2009


It was a pretty slow week, until Saturday. We went to First Baptist and had breakfast with the Deacons and our new pastor, Dale Seeley. He preached his first sermon as pastor last week. I haven't seen the DVD yet, Debbie is going to make me a DVD of the sermon. I was able to meet him yesterday and he is very nice. Our search committee did a very good job. There was a lot of praying going on. I had such a nice time at the breakfast. I haven't been able to go in so long. The radiation and chemo was so exhausting that most days it was an effort to just get out of bed.

We went to Hampton and DJed a benefit dance (Hokie Hoedown) for the Virginia Tech Rescue Squad to help them purchase a new ambulance. It was sponsored by the GFWC District and since I am a member of the GFWC Woman's Club of Newport News, we donated our services. They raised over $2000. Most of the women's clubs in VA are holding fund raisers. They need about $180,000 to make it happen and I think so far they have raised over half of the total amount needed. It was really nice and the Walmart in Gloucester donated a lot of Hokie paraphernalia to raffle and auction. The auctioneer also donated his services.

When the hoedown was over and we were putting things away, I lost my balance and fell backwards down the stairs. I bruised my right hip really bad and my right wrist was scraped and the skin torn. The Hampton Rescue Squad was called and they took me to Riverside Regional Hospital Emergency Room. Once there, they did blood tests and gave me xrays and pain medication. Nothing is broke, but I sure am sore and stiff this morning. The Hampton Rescue Squad are the ones that picked me up and they were really nice. Actually, I am supposed to look on Facebook this morning and befriend them.

I have been doing Facebook more because my 7 year old granddaughter is working on a farm in FARMTOWN. I send her an animal or plant every day. Rhonda says Taylor actually designed how the farm is set up. She reads so well. I think she is going to surprise her teacher this year. Garrett is doing well also, but as is normal for boys, he is a little bit behind Taylor.

Rhonda just had to call me and tell me about the decorating she is doing at our "Beach House." Most everything was done in the house, so after she finished up the Craft/Guest Room, she started on the yard. I haven't had a chance to do the outside yet. I actually took some plants down one weekend but was too weak to plant them, so I gave them to Rhonda. We are only there about one weekend a month, so it is difficult to do much outside when you cook a big family dinner for 9 on Saturday. Since I have been sick this year, I haven't been able to do much because I can't stand the heat. Rhonda planted some flowers and put down mulch, painted the porch, deck, swing, rocking chair, table, etc. She said it looks more like a beach house now. (It is 40 miles from the beach, but if you have a hurricane, that is close as you want to be.)

I think I told you yesterday that I went over 8000 followers on Twitter, today is
8193 already. My Twitter friends are really great. They send me such wonderful, encouraging Tweets.

I am going to go now, got to put something in my other blogs before I go back to Twitter ( Thanks to all who have supported me and befriended me over the past few weeks. I love you all, and remember: