Amazon

Sunday, March 22, 2009

TWITTER PINK

I am now on Twitter! I found some people that were not on Facebook there to keep up with. I put a quote on there this morning by Zig Ziglar and Tom Ziglar asked this afternoon if he could follow me. Isn't that something? I love this networking and meeting new people. It is amazing what people are doing. Marcus Pittman is preaching on the boardwalk in VA Beach, Lynn Adams is creating Jerusalem at First Baptist, Donna Clingingpeel has been redoing the children's ministry at Temple Baptist. I found my sister Linda on Twitter, but her user name is almost Choctaw Indian language. My nephew Jeremy is there but not on Facebook. Try Twitter.


I did the neatest thing today. I am still not sure how I did it, but all the pictures that I have put on the blog, on facebook, and on Google meshed into albums. It surveyed them, picked out the faces and let me name the people. It was the coolest thing. I am getting good at this. My Adsense is hooked up now to actually work. It is amazing what Google can do. I have email there at barbara.p.duke@gmail.com .


My leg was hurting all last night so I didn't make it to church this morning. I just didn't get enough sleep. I dozed while Ray was gone this morning and put together lunch. Ray was in front of the TV all afternoon, dozing. I was in the bedroom watching Lifetime movies. I was able to go online and read email and do some research on chemotherapy. I really am not looking forward to it. My sister, Jan, called yesterday and told me that when I am going through chemo, I need to drink lots of water. That won't be easy. I have a hard time drinking a lot of liquid.


I talked to Mother yesterday too. She is all set for her surgery, Cindy is coming from Texas next Saturday and Mother has Surgery on the 30th. She plans to stay a week. I sure wish I could go be there with them. I haven't seen Cindy in about 4 years, I think. Our family is so spread out. Cindy and Linda are near Dallas, Jan is in Florida, Sonny is in Kentucky, and I am here. At least none of us are way out west. LOL!


I asked the nurse last week and there is no precautions about staying out of the sun anymore. I can go out and work in the yard with a hat. They just don't want me lay out and bake. That is good news. So, I am going to get an appointment with a cardiovascular doctor this week and see if there is something they can do about this phlebitis. There is just so much sitting around with your leg up a body can be expected to do.


I haven't heard from Kathryn lately. She showed me a little of her wedding plans, but hasn't shared anything lately. She was looking for a job. I hope she found one that pays well and she likes it. She is so special.


I missed church today. John Patterson said that Tag (pastor) said things just weren't the same without me there. I hope he didn't say that during the service. Beverly is coming in the morning to work on the website. We both hated missing the Bible study on Wednesday night.


Today's Word from Joel and Victoria Osteen

Did you know that your life will always go in the direction of your most prominent thoughts? In order to follow God's plan, you have to think God's thoughts for your life, which will encourage and build you up.


Do you feel like you are walking through a tough place in your life today?
When you walk through the "valley of weeping," God is walking with you.
He wants to strengthen and empower you to keep moving forward.


He is leading you to a place of blessing and refreshing! Be encouraged today, it's not over until God says it's over, and He always causes us to triumph!
The Bible says that weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning!


It also says that the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn shining brighter until the full day.
No matter how dark your circumstance may seem, you are on a path that is shining brighter and brighter.
Know today that there is a place of victory on the other side of your challenge.


Keep believing and keep expecting.
As you continue to meditate on the goodness of God and declare His favor in your life, you will be strengthened and refreshed in your inner man.
You will rise higher and higher, and you will live the life of victory the Lord has in store for you!


Father in Heaven, thank You for leading me to my place of blessing. I trust that You are faithful and believe that You have a good plan for my life. Help me to always hear Your voice so I can follow You all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.