Amazon

Friday, March 20, 2009

ATTITUDE SUPERCEDES APTITUDE PINK!

I got a phone call and radiation was canceled for today! Although I was ready, my hip and leg was already giving me fits without going out in the damp weather. I have been fighting it all day. I actually did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, the living room, and my bedroom. I did a little, sat a little all day. By this evening, I am so tired. I tried laying down, but my hip hurts. Ray felt sorry for me and went and got some DiGorno Pizza for supper. It sure was good.

I got a call from the lady at the Woman's Club that is in charge of the Art Show. My art won a blue ribbon at the Club Level and the District Level. She asked if I wanted it to go to the State Level. Sure, why not? Send it on up. It is not the best one I have done like it. The best one is in Florida with my sister Jan. It was the first one like that. It is really different. I will have to put it on the blog when it comes back.

Ray is in hog-heaven. BASKETBALL! I may go to bed early. Not my cup of tea. I was a pretty good player in gym class but never wanted to be on a team. They didn't have girls teams then. So I never really got interested in sports. I think it is wonderful that young girls can really participate in sports now if they want to. Not that I ever wanted to.

I got a note from Betty Lucido that my Mary Kay account was expiring. So I went on line and placed an order. If you know someone who is interested in Mary Kay products, give them my name please. My daughter, Rhonda, signed up under me and some months, her Mary Kay earnings have bought the groceries for the 4 of them. It is a nice supplemental income and she enjoys it. I have always admired Mary Kay. She was a wonderful woman who helped a lot of women achieve their dreams. Mary Kay pays better than almost any other home marketing business. It has helped to put a lot of women in better situations than they would have been otherwise. I haven't done much with Mary Kay because I had a full-time job. I took a 3 month break after I retired and then I found the lump in my breast in January. So, I would like to start supplementing my retirement if you know anyone who is interested. Thanks!

I started another blog: http://AttitudeSupercedesAptitude.blogspot.com/. I really wanted to do something positive that might inspire someone. I hope you enjoy. I only have a couple of things on it just now.

Mary Lynch, Chairman of the Deacons at FBC, called this afternoon. She was checking up on my progress. She is such a wonderful prayer warrior. She said her sister told her after she was cured from breast cancer, that it brought her closer to God and that she wouldn't give up the time she spent with God during her illness even if it meant having cancer again.

TODAY'S VERSE from HEARTLIGHT - http://www.heartlight.org/ March 20, 2009

VERSE: "Who has stirred up this king from the east, who meets victory at every step? Who, indeed, but the LORD? He gives him victory over many nations and permits him to trample their kings underfoot. He puts entire armies to the sword. He scatters them in the wind with his bow. He chases them away and goes on safely, though he is walking over unfamiliar ground. Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD - with the first of them and with the last-I am he." -- Isaiah 41:4

THOUGHT: God is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. This is great comfort for us. We don't have to choose another deity in the course of our lives. We don't have to worry about our Father's leaving us as prey for other gods. We don't have to worry about his Word becoming obsolete or outdated. He will be with us always.

PRAYER: Eternal Father, God of mercy and grace, thank you for your faithfulness. You were faithful to your promises to Israel. You were faithful in your promises to send a Messiah. You are faithful to lead and guide me by your Spirit. You will faithfully bring me into your presence at the return of the Lord Jesus. Thank you for being my stable Rock and Refuge in times that are so unstable, transient, and fickle. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.