Amazon

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

RADIOLOGY PINK

I got my first 2 tatoos this morning. One in the center of my chest and one on the right side. Actually, they gave me little dot tatoos at the Riverside Cancer Center Radiology Department.

I had to put my hands over my head and hold a bar for 15 minutes while I was in a CAT SCAN machine. Oh, the pain. I cannot imagine how much it would have hurt if they had done a complete mastectomy or taken out more lymph nodes. It was painful for me. They didn't know about the Oncotype text either, so I guess I still have to wait until Wednesday to find out. If I don't have to do Chemo, I return to the Radiology Dept and start radiation on Friday. If I do have to do Chemo, I will probably start soon and radiation will have to wait. The nurse this morning told me the they don't normally do chemo and radiation at the same time for breast cancer patients.


Linda Gregory called about carpooling to Matthews for the Lions Region Meeting. There will be 6 of us so we are meeting at Ft Eustis Blvd to carpool. This meeting has a dinner attached. Fried Oysters, Fried Chicken, Virginia Ham, green beans, Shrimp Pasta Salad, hushpuppies, bread, tea and dessert. We go every year and I have seen some people eat an enormous amount of oysters. I don't like them, so Ray eats mine. It is a yearly money maker by the Matthews Lions Club.


While I was on the phone with Linda, I kind of broke down and cryed again. What is the matter with me? Linda said that it is natural, that the stress gets really bad sometimes when cancer is involved. She was so sweet and asked me to call her whenever I needed to talk. I may take her up on it.

Then, Anne Glover called to see how I was doing. She had an email this morning from the real estate company where she works and it said that Susan Fortunato was back at work. Susan has stage 4 cancer. Last year she dropped out of everything and no one could get hold of her. Someone told me she was going to rest and get well. I hope and pray that she did. It will be good to see her at the Women's Club and Peninsula Women's Network again.


Click on Radiology Pink at the top and it will take you to Faith Writers or you can click on this: http://www.faithwriters.com/ if you have an urge to write professionally. It is a good site and you can connect with other writers, publishers, ebook publishers, or learn to publish your own Christian materials. You can enter writing contests. Write articles for Christian magazines for pay, etc. Have fun!


I read Joy Kilgore's blog yesterday. She is so funny. I never knew she was into so many things. She is a smart business woman and pretty too. You too can read her blog "Knowing I'm Alive" at http://rememberitnow.blogspot.com/. She is the complete package. Her husband is certainly a blessed man and she is a blessed woman to have a husband like Tag. They are an incredible couple. I am one of those people in our church that would enjoy having Tag as pastor on a permanent basis.


I didn't sleep over 3 hours last night. The pain in my leg is not good. I am going to see if I can get a doctor appointment with my regular doctor. I will be going with Ray to his voice lesson so we can meet up with Jim & Linda, and Earl & Judyto go to Matthews.
I didn't sleep over 3 hours last night. The pain in my leg is not good. I am going to see if I can get a doctor appointment with my regular doctor. I will be going with Ray to his voice lesson so we can meet up with Jim & Linda, and Earl & Judyto go to Matthews.
If you like to write, take a look at FaithWriters http://www.faithwriters.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.