Amazon

Saturday, March 7, 2009

SATURDAY WORKER PINK


This little cutie on the right is my new grand-nephew, Owen. Isn't he precious?I just want to drive to Kentucky and hug him. I don't know when I will be able to go now. He has an older brother named Wyatt. I know that Mommie & Daddy are proud of both of them and I bet my brother Sonny and his wife Pat are too.


I finally found someone to clean the yard. Juan Garcia, our Hispanic Minister at church sent 2 Hispanic men and they cleaned the front last week and the back today. It sure looks better. There is some things that still need to be done, but I think I can handle it as soon as it warms up some.

I ended up staying at home today because they were here. Ray had a meeting of the Alpha Unit of Parliamentarians in Richmond. Looks like he will be the new president next year (starting in July). He is also going to be the President of the Peninsula Unit next year. Busy guy. I hope he hasn't bit off more than he can chew.

I read Mary Beth Gibson's Blog at http://mbupdate.blogspot.com/ until very late last night. I ended up nodding off and woke up, turning off the laptop, going to bed at about 1:30 a.m. When I got up this morning, I read the rest of it. I learned so much. She goes into much more detail about what went on with her. She sure has done a lot more research than I have.

Rhonda shared with me that her Mother-in-Law's cancer has started accelerating. It may have gone to her brain. She only weighs about 76 lbs. I don't think she ever weighed over 110 lbs. in her life. She is a tiny woman. I home you can add Debbie to your prayers.

I found a granddaughter and great-granddaughter on Facebook. Jennifer just got married but she hasn't shared her new last name with us yet. I will put a picture of the happy couple on the blog when she shares his name with us. Emily is the great. Isn't she pretty. She has a good disposition. They live in North Carolina, somewhere near Swansboro. We are so happy that Jen has met someone. She has been working so hard to take care of her daughter. Her mother, Deborah, lives nearby and Emily loves her grandma a lot.

I think I have the laundry caught up. That is a big to-do. I am a little nervous about my appointment with Dr McKenna on Monday morning. He should have the results of my Oncotype testing and I will find out about the Chemotherapy. After reading Mary Beth's blog, I am more certain that I don't want to do it. If not, I start radiation on Tuesday. This has been a strange time. I am doing so many other things trying to keep my mind still lately. Creating Church websites, blogging, writing a book, working with the Lions, Women’s Club, etc. Just anything to keep from thinking about it. I am kind of depressed and cannot settle on one thing for very long.

Depression can really pull you down. I am trying to keep a cheerful outlook, so if you see me, give me a big smile so that I will remember to smile. We are watching Charles Stanley and he is talking about control. Sometimes, we just don't want anyone to control us, not even God, but we are better off trusting Him and putting it in His hands. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!!

Ray told me I should buy the new Kindle 2 and give him my old one. I reminded him that the "old" one is only about 7 months old. The nice thing about the new one though is that it has a reader that will read to you through the earphone if you want. Isn't that great? Well, maybe, maybe not. Have you every been able to stay awake listening to an electronic reader. Lord, do not turn one on an try to drive. It will put you to sleep.

Rhonda hasn't been feeling well, so she needs to be prayed for too. Prayer Warriors unite!

I think I am going to bed. Spring forward tonight!!! Love to all, Barbara




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.