Amazon

Friday, March 13, 2009

ACS DECISION PINK!

Beverly came over and we had fun working on the Church Website. We are almost at the point where we can link it to the church. It is getting exciting. The tedious part is reducing the pictures. I am going to make some collages in powerpoint. I know how to bring them together and make them 1 picture.

I went back on the ACS Breast Cancer Treatment Decision Tool website (https://www.cancer.nexcura.com/Secure/InterfaceSecure.asp?CB=266) that I have been filling out a cancer survey. Now that I have all the numbers I could finish it. It was pretty much like Dr. McKenna said. I talked with other people. The thoughts that I came up with are if there was cancer in the lymph nodes, then there could be cancer in other lymph nodes that the radiation doesn't get because it is localized. So, I am probably in better shape now than I would be in 10 years if the cancer comes back. The conclusion is that after the radiation, I will be having chemo and hormone therapy. This was confirmed when I went to my family doctor. She said that if it were her, that is what she would do.

The nurse who worked with her for years passed away a few months ago. They discovered adrenal gland cancer in her and she died within a month before they could even get her therapy going good. It is very aggressive. I was so sorry to hear that, she was such a sweet lady. The new nurse is also very nice. Kristina says she is fortunate to be able to have such nice nurses working with her.

Since I am going to do radiation, I made an appointment with Jan at Hairrington Place and had my hair cut. We didn't set one up for next month. Chemo in 7 weeks, so I will be waiting to set up an appointment when I see what is going on. After the haircut, we went to COSTCO and picked up a few things, then Ray had a hot dog and I had a slice of pizza. Mother calledwhen I got home and I explained everything to her. Bless her heart, she was so tired and so was I so we didn't talk much but both decided it was bed time. (Mother in the picture with her Buddy!)

I woke with a headache this morning at 5am. I am somewhat better now that I have had a cup of coffee and some oatmeal. I don't like to take pain medication if I can help it. I got on Twitter last night and signed up, but I really can't see the benefit of it. I may not stay on there. I cannot imagine sitting around watching people minute by minute. I am a little tech-manic but not that much. I like facebook though and I love getting little flowers and eggs. An egg my sister Linda sent turns out to be and big bluebird!

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23


We are going to NC today after my radiation. Can't wait to see everyone!

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.