Amazon

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Always Something PINK

That is right. Just when I thought I was getting a handle on this Rheumatoid Arthritis thing, I find out that it is just one of the things wrong. I went back to my new rheumatologist; I have seen her once before. She is different from my previous doctor who retired. She is much younger and enters the information into her computer as she does the examination. I had to get undressed, except for underwear, and she proceeded to poke and press all my pain spots. When she was done, she finished up her notes and told me "You have Fibromyalgia."  

When I got home, I told Ray he had to trade me in on a newer model (always trying to be funny). When I told him what was wrong, he said he would never trade me in for anything in this world. I knew he would say that. He is one of the kindest men that I know. The Lord knew what he was doing when he put Ray in my path.


I do not know if you have been reading my blog all along, but I wrote an article about Rheumatoid Arthritis. I got lots of feedback on that one.  People told me they never thought of RA as anything other than "arthritis." It is an "invisible" disease. People do not realize that you have it until it reaches a level where you are disfigured or relegated to a wheelchair or bed. 

Fibromyalgia is also a "invisible" disease. Both are auto-immune diseases and limit your contact with large groups. Your life is full of anti-bacterial wipes and gloves. It gets painful to walk sometimes and it even hurts when you try to crochet. Just moving my mouse is painful at times.I It is much easier to type than write with a pen. I love to draw, but I am not sure how much longer I will be able to do that. 

I think I used to think Fibromyalgia was just something that they grouped everything into when they were not sure what it was. I tested for 17 points out of 18. It was a definite diagnosis. My other doctor thinks they used to call it fibrocystosis years ago. 

This is a great article on Fibromyalgia and there is a lot of interesting information. If you think you or someone you love may have it, please click on paragraph title and read the information. 


Are you living with fibromyalgia symptoms? They can range from pain and sleep problems to dry eyes and irritable bowel."

It’s also important to know your limits and to let others know that you may not be able to do everything you used to. You should not feel bad when you need to say ‘'no’ to requests, Fibromyalgia is a legitimate chronic illness. You have the right to do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!

ALL THE TIME - GOD IS GOOD!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.