Amazon

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Home Again PINK

Jason, Cindy, & Jeremy
We went to Kentucky for the week of Thanksgiving and had an absolutely wonderful time. We stayed at my brothers' home in Nicholasville. My mother let us use her suite and slept across the hall. It was nice to have a room with a sitting area. I was able to set up my computer, but we kept so busy that I didn't have much time to use it.

Cindy and Heather
Riding for 10 hours in our car did not make for a fun time for my legs. They were almost numb by the time we got there. Our room was upstairs and I practically had to pull myself up the stairs using the hand rail. There were 17 stairs since the ground floor has 12 ft ceilings. There were about 15 stairs to the basement where the movie room and pool room are located. It was up and down stairs the whole time. And, guess what, by the time we left, I could actually climb the stairs without pulling myself up and I was using alternate feet, instead of pull up and drag. I am feeling better than in months. I did take more pain medication but I was able to do therapy yesterday without much trouble. I only got dizzy afterward. I haven't had any ill effects with the rheumatoid arthritis. That is sure a blessing.
Wyatt, Owen, & Karch
W

Everyone was so nice and made sure that I didn't do too much. We went downtown to my nephews and walked to Chipotle, a new fast food place from McDonald's. The food was very good, although the atmosphere was nil. My daughter, her husband, and the twins were also there. They really enjoyed everything. They watched all kinds of movies downstairs and played with their cousins. They got there a little later than everyone else because they did some sight-seeing on the way. They stayed at the Comfort Inn and really enjoyed it. There was a swimming pool, free WiFi, and a great breakfast included in the price of the room.
Garrett & Taylor

It is amazing that when we have stayed at the Hilton, Hyatt, Doubletree, and other high-end hotels, they charge at least $10 for WiFi per night. You would think they would include it in the price of the room, considering the cost of the rooms. Even a bottle of water costs $3. We always take our own food for snacks. We are not cheap, but we certainly aren't stupid either.

Jesse & Rhonda
Anyway, my brother had Thanksgiving catered, with servers. It was one of my best Thanksgivings ever. The ladies got to enjoy the children, watch the parade and football, movies, and we put a puzzle together at the game table in the movie room.
The Movie Room
There was my brother, his wife, 2 sons, daughter-in-law, 2 children; my mother; me and my husband, daughter, son-in-law, 2 children; my sister, her daughter, son-in-law and 2 children; friend of my brothers', his wife, and two daughters. Twenty-four for dinner. The caterer was a local company that serves homemade type food and we couldn't have had better if we had cooked it ourselves.

Bertha (my mother)
Saturday, we took my mom to her house and Ray and I went shopping. Didn't buy much, but it was nice to get out and walk some. We picked up mother and met my brother, his wife, and a son at Malone's. Malone's is a great restaurant in Lexington. They evidently eat there a lot. I really loved the food and the wait staff were superb.

Sunday morning we got up and packed and left Lexington about 8 a.m. It was raining, but by the time we reached Charleston WV, it had quit. Sonny had bought some pastries at Panera Bread Saturday night and we had them for breakfast. We stopped at Wendy's and I had an apple, craisens, chicken salad. It was great with blue cheese dressing.

My mother gave me loads of yarn to make lap blankets for hospice. Got to get busy with them. I have been making dish cloths to sell for the children's new playground at church. I hear that it is going to cost $30,000. That is a lot of yarn. LOL.

I hope you all are having a lovely season, just remember that Christmas is only about 25 days away. Take a look at my other blog for: (click to go to link)

A Familiar Poem for the Holidays! (Christmas)


Check it out. It circulates every year, usually on email, but I decided to give it a permanent home. 

Jesus is the reason for the season! 
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice visit! Yes, value-priced hotels tend to throw in pretty much everything, while high end hotels charge for every breathe you take; guess they figure you can afford it since you're able to afford the room. Most charge for parking your car as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just came to your blog through Twitter. I am @CuddleLop. I enjoyed this blog post. It appears like you had a wonderful trip. I don't know everything you have been through, but I am glad you are feeling better than before. I know what you mean about the costs of things in the more expensive hotels. My husband and I stayed at the Marriot Marquis Hotel (one of at least 13 versions of Marriots in Atlanta) for a conference he presented at in October. It is unbelieveable what they charge for things- alot things that are free on other hotel TVs, Wi-fi which is free in less expensive places, no continental breakfast ($12.00 breakfast sandwich) , and other amenities that are free at other places. Unbelieveable. They seem to have a "captive" audience for people that stay at these places for conferences. Have a great day.
    Mary Ellen
    Rabbit Slippers Blog
    www.rabbitslippers.blogspot.com

    PS I admire and appreciate the work you are doing in the fight against cancer. I lost my mom to uterine cancer 10 years ago. I know it's different than breast cancer, but no matter what form of cancer, research, early detection & education are so incredibly important. So I thank you and offer you my blessings. Also, just followed you through GFC. MEC

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.