Amazon

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Insomnia Pink

Taylor & Garrett with me at our home
in North Carolina. 
I say insomnia Pink because I was tired and went to bed early. TweetDeck was acting up and chaining words vertical instead of horizontal. So I went to bed. I lay there thinking, pondering, then watching Frazer on TV. I saw the last Frazer and right after that was the first Frazer. Strange that I never watched it when it was on one of the big three channels, only after it went into syndication. It was that way with Law & Order too and a few more. I seem to find that watching older shows are better than some of the new shows. I sure hope they come up with something better than the Bachelor or Lost this year. Personally, I am not a big fan of the new "reality" shows. They just don't Entertain me at all. Snooky was on Regis & Kelly the other day, and I have seen her on Ellen too. She is just too much. If my daughter dressed like her, talked like her, and acted as slutty as she does, I might just disown her. Though I would never disown one of my children, they were raised better.

This brings me to something that I have been thinking about. I created a "YAYA Sisters" page on Facebook. A couple of weeks ago a friend from Twitter called and we talked almost an hour. She was just starting a new job in addition to a business she has on line. Her husband has been ill and the needed to supplement their income a while. Anyway, she had been talking with someone of the West Coast who is concerned about the "moral compass" of this country. It seems to be going South of late.

In fact, I have seen it deteriorate during my lifetime. I have seen children exploited by the politicians, the media, and the courts. When I was little, the worst thing we had to worry about being addicted to was alcohol, which was bad in of itself, but now we have to worry if our children are sniffing glue, spray cans, smoking herbs, smoking marijuana or crack cocaine, etc., the list is endless.  The little girls run around in clothes that look like they were made for prostitutes and 8 year old's are wearing heels and makeup already. The boys have their heads stuck in front of a TV but they are not watching it, they are playing games on it. They would sit their for hours if they are not made to get up and go outside.
American children are becoming obese because of their inactivity and being fed too many fatty, carbohydrate foods. When I was a child, sweets were a treat that usually only happened after Sunday dinner.

While we were talking, my friend said she had been thinking about the YAYA Sisters that I tweet out on Twitter. She was wondering if they could use that to spread the word about the "Moral Compass." She thought about the YAYA Sisters because it was kind of a universal name. The Moral Compass would not encompass only Christianity, but all religions. It would encourage people to raise their children with more conviction and purpose. People need to be parents to their children, not their friend. There is plenty of time to be their friend when they become adults. I love this idea so I am going to be working on the YAYA Sister page and see how many people I can get to jump on the bandwagon.

I was at the gastro doctor today and they are working on helping me with a problem that I have been having. They changed my medicine again. Sometimes I wonder about doctors. I saw a doctor on TV the other day who said, "What do you call someone that goes to medical school and has to take tests over and over to pass and it takes them 8 years to do what they should have completed in five? Answer: Doctor. He said that a lot of times if you go in to see a doctor and tell them what is wrong they may leave the room for a minute and look it up on the Internet, just like I do at home. Go figure.

I guess I better go and see if I can go to sleep now. I am yawning so much.

Good night Sweeties,
Remember:
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.