Amazon

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

PNEUMONIA PINK AGAIN

Well, here I sit at my computer again. It is a laptop that I can use while I am sitting in my favorite chair with my legs propped up and easily nod of if necessary. I am so glad that my mother gave me this chair, it sleeps well. LOL!

Ray had to take me to the emergency room Sunday morning. I had been having pain in my right arm and shoulder for a couple of weeks and Saturday it just got progressively worse FAST! Pain medication just didn't help and by the time Ray woke up Sunday morning, the pain had spread from arm/shoulder to neck/other shoulder/left arm. I was in so much pain that he took me to the ER at Riverside in my pajamas. We were there from about 6:30 a.m. until noon.

The diagnosis was that the pneumonia had returned. There happens to be so many people in the hospital with infections that the doctor thought it better to give me medication and send me home. Thank God!

Staying is the hospital was not something I wanted to do. I seem to get worse there, because they don't encourage me to move around. At least, at home I can do small things and move around some. And, I can write, or Twitter. Not to mention the cable is better at home.

Ray and I had gone to a Deacon Retreat on Saturday. I was having trouble then, but was just taking pain meds to get through. Since the pneumonia is in the same quadrant of my lung, I am thinking it never really healed well. Must have been something there but the xray just didn't pick it up before they released me from the hospital before.

One of my friends worked for JC Penney's for almost 30 years and they fired her. She was a manager in the VA Beach store. She is one of the most wonderful women I have ever met. She will be ordained as a deacon in our church in January. She is a woman of high morals, integrity, compassion, loyalty, etc. I used to shop at Penney's but will no longer do so. I am even going to ask others to not shop there if they can help it.

To put in that kind of time, the amount of extra time she worked because she was dedicated to excellence is very dissappointing and I think it is a case of discrimination. She was making enough money each year to pay 2 new manager trainee's. She has kept up her education and even has a Master's Degree. She was 2 years from drawing her retirement and now she won't even have health insurance after 18 months. She even moved to VA Beach last year to be closer to her job, even though all her friends and church friends live on this side of the Elizabeth River. She is confident enough in her position that she is taking it to arbitration and probably will be sueing them in the near future. I hope she does.

Companies need to know that just because a woman reaches a certain age, you can not just fire her because a new store manager is threatened by her knowledge and work ethic. Of course, the new store manager moved from Sears and it is possible that the same thing happened to her there. I hope not. I wouldn't like having to boycott Sears too. So, join me in letting JC Penney's know that they cannot fire women just because they reach a certain age. My friend could probably sue on three counts: gender, race, age discrimnation. I hope she does. Then she could move ahead with her plan for her retirement, which is to preach and teach the Gospel.

My dear friend Cindy brought us dinner for Monday night. It was a Korean chicken curry dish. It was very good but I got so sick. Turns out it had monosodium glutimate in it and I am so allergic to it. My hands swoll up even though I had thrown it up. I hated to tell her it made me ill, but she keeps bringing us dinner and I didn't want to give that up because she is a good cook. She was so gracious and wants to bring us dinner for tonight. Isn't that sweet? I wish that I had gotten to know her better when Marty was still alive. She loved him so much and really misses him.

I have been helping her with some of her bills. I went through a lot of her stuff an was able to answer some questions for her about billing and paying her bills. She is going to be fine. Marty left her enough money to take care of herself for a long time if she takes care of the money. At least she has Ray and I to help her out and explain things to her so she doesn't get taken in by strangers.

She and Honye have been going to church with us. Honye (her sister) will be going home to Korea the end of November and won't be able to come back for 5 months after that. She will concentrate on learning English before she comes to live here permanently. They are looking into starting a business when Honye comes back. Something to do with clothing, I think.



My friends at church have been wonderful. Praying for me and sending cards. I am going to have to count them again. My twitter friends have been Retweeting me until I finally went over my goal of 10,000 followers. I wonder how long until I can get 20,000? Never give up, keep the goal out there.



I need to go read my devotions. I have a book by Joyce Meyers that I am reading for devotions each morning and evening. Very nice. Take care, Love to all, Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.