Amazon

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Pink

Barbie!It is Friday, but when you are kind of home most of the time, Friday's come and go sometimes without much notice. I thank @DabneyPorte on Twitter for encouraging me and getting me to the #Slumberparty each Friday night at 11p.m EST. It really is a neat party. All virtual, except the fun. I have even hosted some of the parties. I haven't been able to get into much of the daytime chats. I always seem to be going somewhere, doing something.

I have been enjoying Pinterest. It is addictive. Check out my Pins: Pinterest
I have lots of Pins. You shouldn't need an invitation any more, but if you do, I will get one for you.

I was watching "The View" this morning. I guess I am going to have to quit watching until after the election is over. I don't watch that program for their political opinions and I am a little tired of them running over my ideals and morals. Evidently, everything is game on daytime TV now. They had the woman that wrote "Fifty Shades of Grey" on the program today and I think the women of the View actually embarrassed her. I will try them again after the election, but if they don't clean up their mouths, I may never go back. "The Talk" is becoming increasingly like the View." Maybe I will be able to write more on my blogs. Or, maybe finish that book I have been working on. That is two extra hours a day!

My Yellow Tulips
Yesterday, I went outside and cleaned up some of my gardening things. I used spray paint on them. I have a concrete pagoda that is pretty big. It is Chinese Red now and I now have a large Red Chicken. All the rabbits are white. I painted all my shepherd's crook plant hangers white. I have to make some large bows out of wired ribbon to hang on them.  All of my roses are blooming: red velvet, white velvet, pink  old-fashioned, pink climbing roses, great big Joseph's coat roses that look like all the colors of the rainbow. I should go out and take pictures. I may this evening. My cell phone is full and I cannot find the camera.

Soups!At lunch today, I made an amazing soup using ramen noodles. I don't use them a lot, but they are pretty good. First, I chopped up half an onion very well. I put some olive oil in my great big pan that looks like a skillet. I sauteed the onions, then put in about a quarter of a shredded cabbage. Then I added about 2 cups of frozen vegetables. I kept turning them over with my wooden spoon. Then I added 4 cups of hot water (important that the water is hot). I then added 3 chicken bouillon cubes and the package from the chicken flavored ramen noodles. I then broke up the noodles because they are just too long for soup. I didn't add salt or pepper but used Mrs Dash Garlic Flavored Seasoning. It was awesome. I forgot to put the chicken in. Sometimes, I put in some roasted chicken or even a large can of chicken and if you want it a little creamy, add milk or sour cream to taste. You can also use pork or beef. Sometimes when I use beef, I put in a can of diced tomatoes. You might even want to use the Chinese method of whipping an egg or two and drizzling it into the boiling soup. Just cook until the veggies are done. Great with garlic toast. (or saltines)

I hope I haven't bored you today. I am going to do my #followfriday on Twitter now. Love to all.

GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.