Amazon

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CHRISTMAS PINK!

I thoroughly enjoyed my week in NC. It was such a blessing after finding out the news about being Cancer Free. It gave me some time to recondition my brain to the idea that the cancer was gone.

The children stayed with me most of the time and we had a great time. We watched TV, made cookies, drew, and painted a little. They are so sweet. They both are still worried about my health and try to protect me. They insisted on staying with me on Sunday night after Ray went back to Virginia. Rhonda & Jesse decided to go shopping a little late and told Taylor that they would be back to get her, but they didn't come back. Garrett and I could not get the dead bolt to work on the inside of the front door so we all slept in the living room with the TV on. LOL!

Monday night, Rhonda and I went shopping. Actually,  we started that afternoon. We spent over 2 hours in Tuesday Morning in Greenville. It is a wonderful store. I am on a first name basis with the employes in the 2 stores in Newport News. We purchased a lot of really neat things for Christmas. I just love buying things for other people. By the time we were on the way home, I was totally exhausted and when Rhonda suggested that we stop for the children, I said "that is okay. I am just going to sleep." We unloaded the car and Rhonda went home, I warmed some milk to drink with my nighttime meds and fell fast asleep in my recliner.

Tuesday,  Jesse was coming to do some work in the house and then was called to work somewhere. He did get the door lock fixed though. Ray and I never noticed because we don't do the deadbolt when both of us are there. We will now though.

I spoke with my son Jeff and he planned on spending Christmas Eve with us all at Rhonda's house. We have a family get together each year. My former Mother-in-Law, Hazel, comes along with Jeff and we all have dinner that Rhonda has prepared. And then we open gifts!


I found out that Jeff's girlfriend was staying with her Dad since her Mother passed away in November and she didn't want him to be alone. We told Jeff to bring them both and they came, along with Dillon, Sharon's 9 year old son. Dillon had a great time with Garrett playing video games. We had a lovely dinner and then we opened gifts. We had made sure that our guests had something to open also. It was such a wonderful evening.

Christmas Day we woke up and went to Rhonda's to see what Santa Claus brought the children. They were so excited....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.