Amazon

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BATES PINK

I am so excited, my mother just called to tell me that my brother's business is no longer "Sonitrol Security", it is now "BATES SECURITY." Owned by William D. (Sonny) Bates.  The new General Manager is my nephew, Jeremy Bates, and the Sales Manager is his brother, Bryan Bates. Mother said that they had a ceremony this morning for the change over. I am not sure how that works but I do know that they have other products besides Sonitrol products. I just cannot tell you how proud I am of them all. I feel like my brother is the perfect example of a person that was given little but worked hard to increase his territory. His wife, Pat has been instrumental in the building of the business. She was always there keeping the books and holding down the fort while Sonny carried the ball. Their sons both graduated from the University of Kentucky and went into the business. They started out in normal positions and proved themselves worthy of leadership. If they hadn't, they would not be in charge now. Sonny and Pat will be taking a 5 week trip throughout the West with a 5th Wheeler. They deserve the break. What a family!



Benita and I are getting along well. I can tell you that no matter what illness I ever get, I can only pray that I don't get Alzheimers (dementia). I have been reading a lot about it since Benita has been staying with me during the days. I never really understood how the disease works. It actually destroys brain cells in one part of the brain and then moves to another part of the brain. A lot of times the patient is more aware of what is going on than most people think, they just cannot express it in words. She is such a sweet person, I really love having her here with me. 


I am fixing to go to the Cancer Center for my check-up. I will write tomorrow and let you know what is going on. They did a mammogram and brain scan a couple of weeks ago. I know the mammogram is alright. 
Love to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.