Amazon

Thursday, October 18, 2012

CHKD & Udderly Smooth Pink

Judy Gatlin, Barbara Duke, Hettie Powers Nurse, Lena Self, Nurse
Joy Quilters-First Baptist Church of Newport News VA
Quilts made for the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters

My Social Media Girlfriends understand when I have to go to quilting on Thursday afternoons. They like that I am doing something good for others. I tweet and blog pictures. The quilts go to the Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters for the children going through chemotherapy. They get to take them home when therapy is finished, so there is a constant need for them. Now we are making lap quilts for nursing home patients who do not have one. We have been talking about making Quilts of Valor for the soldiers in the VA Hospital in Hampton. I told them I do not really think that I can sew full time. It is quite a production on Thursday to set everything up and put it all back in the cabinet, not to mention loading things back in the car. My dream is to convert my garage into a room where I can work on them whenever I want; not just on Thursday. Sometimes, I am so tired by the time we are all set up, I have to take a break just to be able to sew. 


Here is some utterly wonderful news. Our dear friend Linda (@udderlysmooth) on Twitter showed our picture to her dad and he said to send us some Udderly Smooth to keep our hands soft while we are working on our quilts. The really good news is that Udderly Smooth doesn't come off our hands onto the fabric. The last quilt show Judy and I went to had Udderly Smooth for sale in one of the assessories booths. It certainly helps me with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. It reminds me to keep rubbing cream in. Good for my hands and helps keep them flexible. Thank you, dear friends at Udderly Smooth for thinking of us.

By the way, I could use some help. If you know of someone who would like to have me critique their product, I would love to. The one thing about this, it has to be something that I really like and would want to put my 
confidence in. We are trying to get Ray retired, so I have set up a fund to put any earnings in to help with that.

Ray's surgery came out well. His Rotator Cuff was a real mess and they had to do a lot more than was planned. He has a cold water machine that is velcroed to him 4 times a day to keep the swelling down. He has had a lot of pain. I think the one thing he really wants to do is get in his truck and drive. The doc says he has to wait 2 weeks, but if he is better today, he will probably drive to Williamsburg. Thursday is always the day he goes to Williamsburg. I have also been putting Udderly Smooth Extra Udder Cream on his shoulders so his skin does not dry out. Seems to be working well.

Ray and I are continuing on our wheat-free diet. We are thinking about dairy-free too, since this is making us feel so much better. I bought and downloaded the Wheat Belly book and Elizabeth Hasselbeck's Gluten-free Cookbook to my Kindle Fire. Some really good information in both books. 


GOD IS GOOD - ALL THE TIME!
ALL THE TIME - GOD IS GOOD!

By the way, if you like this blog,  please
subscribe, leave a comment, or send wheat-free cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.