Amazon

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Awareness PINK


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you have someone in your life that has or has had breast cancer, please say a prayer for them. I think a lot of money will be collected this month to help with this problem. I am so grateful that I am a Survivor. I am grateful that I am here for my husband, my children, and grandchildren. We have a large extended family, and I am grateful to be here if they need me also. I am so grateful for the prayers said in my name from so many people. God was listening and gave me a few more years to be here and be of service to others. There was a friend at the hospital who was having breast cancer surgery. Thankfully, it was very small, but I am still praying for her. And, I am her deacon also. The other person in my Triberr SweetTweets is Erika Diamond. She has a very interesting article in her blog that I think you would want to see: Fighting the Odds

Ray had rotator cuff surgery and it was more extensive than was planned. It all took place on Friday at Riverside Hospital. The staff there were all very nice and things went along as planned. Not sure I planned on all the work taking care of Ray. I made corn chowder today. It wasn't hard. I kind of made up the recipe and it is wonderful. Ray really liked it and he could drink it out of a cup. Tomorrow, I will add chicken and more veggies.

I sat in the waiting room at the hospital and struck up a conversation with a man named George. His mother was having some surgery. Funny, he knew a lot of people that I know, but I have never seen him before. I introduced him to Ray when we were back in the recovery room picking up our patients. I told Ray that George's parents had owned a restaurant down near the bridge and Ray knew who they were, but he had never met him either. Isn't it strange how you can come on people who know people that you know. The nurse at the reception desk when Ray was checking in looked at our address and told us that her niece lives next door to us. She had even stayed over when her niece was working the night shift and the husband was out of town. Go figure.

The best mathematical equation I have ever seen: l cross + 3 nails = 4 given.

I fixed my Triberr today. I got off of all the Tribes except mine (SweetTweets). I was involved with 2 other tribes and at least 60 people were getting my blog, but only about 10-14 were bothering to send it out. So, I bailed on them. I was getting pretty tired of approving theirs and hardly anyone approving mine. When I joined, I was told that everyone sent out everyone else's blogs. That is just not so. So, I have a Tribe named SweetTweets. If you would like to join my Tribe, let me know and I will send you an invitation. I have some very specific rules. I want people with good morals and integrity. There will be no quoting anyone without a reference. If you copy and paste from other people's blogs, you will be asked to leave if you do not cite your source. There will be absolutely NO plagarism. I prefer people that want to post photos to include where and why the pictures were taken and who took them. If this seems impossible to you, then you don't want to be on my tribe. Not being mean, just realistic this morning. I would love for you to be on our tribe, but since it is mine, I have the right to make the rules.

Today is Sunday:
 "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24 

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!

ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!







King James Bible 
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.