Amazon

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday PINK


It has been a crazy couple of weeks. My friend that has Alzheimer's was beginning to be frightened of her caregiver. The lady was not being nice to her and spoke harshly to her a lot. Anyway, the daughter asked me to stop by and spend some time with her mother on Monday. I did and I was there for over 45 minutes and the caregiver didn't even know that I was there. She was on the phone almost the whole time I was there. I reported my findings to the daughter, Tuesday was impossible for my friend and her daughter brought her over to stay with me while she did her taxes. Some other friends went by and picked her up Wednesday afternoon, spent some time with her and then took her to church for dinner.
One of our friends, who just happens to be a man,  volunteered to stay with her on Thursday. The caregiver went by there and when she found out a man was keeping B, she called the police and told them there was a man molesting her. Which was an absolute lie. The man who was watching her just happens to be someone I have known for over 10 years. He is out of work and thought he could help. Be even brought his laptop so he could search for jobs. The daughter had to come home and assure the police that her mother was fine. The caregiver had been washing her clothes there and had even ordered the newspaper. She was staying on the phone all day.
The upshot is that the daughter brought her mother to my house Friday and she stayed with me. I took her to Swingin' Singers and to a covered dish luncheon at one of the ladies homes. We got back to our house, she had a headache and I gave her one of her headache pills and she took a nap until her daughter picked her up after work. Her daughter is off next week and it going to look for someone else to be the caregiver.

The devastation in Japan continues. My heart goes out to these lovely people. I lived in Okinawa for 2 years and they are so kind. I was truly amazed by them. I just cannot imagine living through such a disaster. I remember Typhoons. They were terrible. I don't ever remember hearing about Tsunami's like the one in Indonesia and now in Japan. The even more horrible scenario is the Nuclear Power Plants melting down. Japan will never be the same. It will take a minimum of at least 50 years to recover from all this, maybe longer from the nuclear mess. I wish there was something I could do other than send money.
I don't know what is going on with my RA. I have been hurting all week. The only thing I can think of is that I ran out of shots of Enbrill. By the time they got the prescription, I had to use samples from the doctor and I am still waiting on the drug. I am so cold all the time and everything hurts. Hurts to sit up, hurts to lay down. We went to Costco last night and I couldn't walk around and had to go sit in the car. I had even take two Vicadin yesterday. It is so difficult to experience these things. I wish I could get people to understand just how difficult it is. I have a whole new outlook on handicapped people now that I am becoming one. I took some extra prednisone this morning but it is not helping yet. I am so tired. At least, I still have my laptop.
I love Twitter. I get the most positive affirmations from everyone. Last count, 43,448 people following me on Twitter. I remember when I was sick, I could get up in the middle of the night and there were people in Australia on and they had been reading this blog and had me on their prayer lists. How can anyone ask for more than that. I have brothers and sisters all over the world. It is so wonderful. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.